BOOKING PROCEDURES, PAYMENTS AND CANCELLATION POLICY FOR INDIVIDUAL PASSENGERS, GROUPS AND CHARTERS TRAVELLING TO THE GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
– Before making confirmations, be sure to check availabilities, departures, fees and itineraries.
– All reservations will be accepted in written on its receipt by Lonely Summits, including the following information:
- Full name of all the person(s) travelling
- Passport numbers
- Dates of birth
- Marital status
- Air route
- Room share (important for single travellers sharing a cabin).
- Other special requirements such as diet, allergies, VIP, etc.
- This information is compulsory for the issuance of the Transit Control Card for all travellers visiting the Galapagos Islands!
A reservation is considered CONFIRMED after a deposit has been sent and received. A reservation is considered RECONFIRMED when full payment is sent and received.
PAYMENTS FOR INDIVIDUAL PASSENGERS (FITs)
– Reservations made NN days up to 120 days before the departure of the tour, a deposit of 50% of the tour cost plus the 100% of the ticket cost, will be received up to 6 days after the date of the reservation.
Remaining 50% must be paid 119 days prior to departure.
– Reservations made 119 days to 1 day before the departure of the tour, full payment must be received immediately.
– Cancellations made more than 121 days before the cruise, will be penalized with $150 per person.
– Cancellations made 120 to 61 days before the cruise will be penalized with the 50% of the tour cost.
– Cancellations made less than 60 days before departure will be penalized with full cost of the tour.
PAYMENTS FOR GROUPS (MORE THAN 6 PAX) AND CHARTERS
– Reservations made NN days to 180 days before the departure of the tour, a deposit of 50% of the tour cost plus the 100% of the ticket cost, will be received up to 6 days after the date of the reservation.
The remaining 50% must be paid 119 days prior to departure.
– Reservations made 119 days to 1 day before the departure of the tour full payment must be received immediately.
– Cancellations made more than 181 days before the cruise, will be penalized with 25% of the tour cost.
– Cancellations made 180 to 61 days before the cruise will be penalized with 50% of the tour cost.
– Cancellations made less than 60 days before departure, will be penalized with 100% of the tour cost.
– After the tickets have been issued, no refunds will be given.
– Passengers will lose the total amount of the ticket and USD $ 50,00 fee will be charged in the following situations:
o If an air reservation is confirmed and it’s cancelled 21 days or less prior to departure.
o If we have been informed at the last minute that the passenger is not going to fly.
o If the passenger doesn’t appear at the airport.
At the moment of booking all passengers acknowledge that the nature of the tour is adventure, it is therefore IMPERATIVE that all travellers obtain personal travel insurance, with coverage of accidents, tour cancellations, damage or loss, evacuation, repatriation and others that may occur during the trip. Sun and Snow Expeditions acts only as agent for all services related to the Galapagos Islands, including but not limited to air transport, marine transport, accommodations, guided excursions, etc. and will be not responsible for any accident, illness, cancellation, delay, damage, injury, loss, extra expense, or any other irregularity incurred in by the passengers, that arises from or is in any way related to any trip to the Galapagos Islands.
Most yachts have only double cabins. Single travellers who don’t wish to share a cabin with another person will pay a single supplement of 100% of the tour rate. Those travellers willing to share a cabin cannot be guaranteed to share with male or female passenger.
All itineraries and schedules are subject to change without previous notice, due to National park regulations, weather conditions and other reasons out of our control.
It is not advisable to travel with children under the age of 7; if they travel parents carry all the responsibility for the security and wellbeing of the children.
Airfares, park fees and tour prices are subject to change without previous notice.