Edgar has a great experience of more than 20 years of mountain climbing in Ecuador, and around the world, like Colombian, Bolivian, Peruvian and Argentinean Andes; in the Italian, Swiss, German and Austrian Alps, in northern Himalayas the KhanTengri peak, and recently successfully Mount Denali (McKinley) in Alaska, such experience allowed him to lead challenge routes and expeditions with much success.
He is passionate traveller, photographer, rock and ice climber and much more.., He spends most of his free time and vacation “discovering” new mountains, new destinations, new cultures, new “ Lonely Summit”
As a complement of his 6 years of University studies in Tourism, He has attended important courses, such as:
* Mountain Guide and updates courses by ASEGUIM (Ecuadorian Association of Mountain Guides), in April 2000, in April 2009, in September 2014.
* Mountain Guides Evaluation by ENSA (Ecole Nationale de Ski et d’Alpinisme) in October 2006. An event organized by the Ministry of Tourism of Ecuador and ENSA of France.
* First Aids course, Ecuadorian Red Cross, updated in April 2014
* WRF (Wilderness First responder) Course updated in April 2016
* Currently applying to get the IFMGA/UIAGM certification (October 2017)
He is charismatic, friendly, smart and very patient. His desire of personal growth and professional excellence has led him to be part of “Lonely Summits”, as “CEO”, Chief Executive Organizer, and one of the coo-owners. He speaks fluent Spanish, English, German, Italian, and some Russian.