Diego has an extensive experience as Mountain Guide. He started his profession in 1988 getting his degree as guide of ASEGUIM (Ecuadorian Association of Mountain Guides). He also climbed mountains in other countries like Peru: Huascaran, Chopicalqui, and Alpamayo; Bolivia: Sajama, Huaynapotosi, Illimani and Condoriri; Argentina: Aconcagua, United States: Denali and France: Mont Blanc and different routes in French Alps.
He is always constantly updating his knowledge on important courses such as:
– Training of Ecuadorian guides, Chamonix – France, 1994
– Workshop on Adverse Events “Volcanic Eruption”, 2003
– Mountain Rescue Seminar, Units of Mountain Rescue CRS – France, 2009
– Mountain Guide Instructor update course ASEGUIM, 2014
– Wilderness Advanced First Aid – WAFA, MINGAI FUNDATION, 2014
Diego is married and speaks Spanish and English